Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to take a few minutes and let you see some new pictures. I don't have too many, but a few is better than none right?


This picture was taken just tonight. We were sitting outside the karate school waiting for Taylor to be done and McKenzie was having a blast standing on my lap and trying to turn the steering wheel. Everytime a car would go by she would let out a LOUD squeal and start jumping up and down on my legs. I just had to get a picture of it! Believe it or not I took this picture with my camera phone and then sent it to my email from my phone. Pretty good picture for a phone shot.


These next couple of pictures are McKenzie with her "boyfriend" Zachary. He belongs to one of my really good friends Carmel. They are only 5 weeks apart in age. When you see them next to each other he towers over her and has a good few pounds on her too. I guess she is going to like the rough and tough ones. Shhhhhhh don't tell her dad!













Right before school got out for the summer Taylor had her Spring Fling dance for her school. She looked so pretty in her dress and shoes. This dress had glitter all over it and it got EVERYWHERE. I am still finding it in the truck. They do these dress up dances twice a year....a Winter formal and a Spring Fling. She loves them and always looks beautiful!




She has also been in the school choir this year. She loves it. The only thing she had not done yet was to get up and sing a solo at one of the concerts. This was the last concert of the year about 3 days before school got out. She did not do a solo, but she did a trio up front with a microphone. You can not see it in this picture, but she was sooooo nervous. She did great and sounded wonderful though! Way to go Taylor. :)




In May there was a really hot day and our neighbors at the time (who are now living in Portland :( boo hoo) and us set up 3 different slip n' slides in the yard and had a bunch of kids out there sliding down all of them. They would start at the side of the driveway and run, hit the slip n' slide and go flying. They were racing and having a blast. This is a picture of Taylor and her friend Leah going down the double slide together. It was a fun day.





It was the same night as the slip n' slide playing that Leah and Taylor turned our living room into their own fort hangout. They had all the furniture moved around that about 20 blankets and sheets put up so they had different rooms in their fort. Pretty cool!

These last couple pictures are of our cat Jenga and our dog Baxter. I am putting these on here for my sister to see. She LOVES Baxter and really wanted to take him back to Michigan with her when she was here last. He loves to cuddle with the cat as you can see. And Terri, I think he is giving you "puppy dog eyes" in the other picture cause he misses you too.











I hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th of July this year. I will be sure and get some more pictures for all of you soon. :)

2 comments:

all about me said...

I am so proud of you. I love the slip-n-slide pics. That was a great day. I am going to miss seeing you guys. Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

McKenzie is growing up so fast! She is sooooooooo adorable!